<meta content="blog">

A metablog about blogs and blogging.

06 June 2005

Gorgeous Blogs

One of the drawbacks to surfing many other blogs via Blog Explosion is that it points out to me how many beautiful blogs there are out there. And mine ain't one of them! Well, I have a clean design which a number of them dont' have, but I'd say 50% of the blogs on Blog Explosion look like they're individually designed rather than taking a stock layout from Blogger or LiveJournal. I should think about doing that myself, at least using my own css boxes if not images.

But on the good side, Blog Explosion has been increasing my readship slightly--Google AdSense says it's hopped up from the teens to the tens in the past day or two. I've even gotten a comment from a random stranger! Shout-out goes to schuey, who doesn't think I'm lame at all. :-P

I guess Blog Explosion's giving me new first-time readers; now I have to do something to retain them as returners--better content, more frequent updating, prettier layout...

5 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, June 08, 2005, Blogger Daldianus said…

    Hi, I think the design of your site's one of the better ones. There are lots of crappy, flashy sites with weird fonts and colours out there. Yours isn't one of them. And that's good :)

    Of course the personalized ones can be even better/prettier, but they're much more work too!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, June 08, 2005, Blogger Gareth said…

    The "guts" of my blog are exactly the same as yours (albeit the green version). I've just tweaked the template a bit, and I'm getting to be quite pleased with it...

     
  • At 8:23 PM, June 08, 2005, Blogger Gareth said…

    To save you going via the profile, here's the link to Another Chance To See.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Jay said…

    My granny use to say, "you can put a dress on a pig, and it will look mighty interesting at first glance, but you still won't want to dance with it".

    What matters with a blog is what is written in a blog. Those that spend their efforts on appearance are just hiding a lack of substance.

     
  • At 11:34 PM, June 13, 2005, Blogger bobvis said…

    Sadly I am one of the blogger-default-template users. In fact, I did not even bother to cycle through there default templates to see which of them I would hate least.

    I suppose it is probably worth the investment. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home