<meta content="blog">

A metablog about blogs and blogging.

05 July 2005

Ratios

Messing around on Blog Explosion, I found that there are (as of 12:42am 5 June 2005) 492 female members, and 452 male members. I'm initially surprised at the ratio, as I would've thunk that more than 50% of people on the net are male, so I'd expect this reflected elsewhere. But thinking a little further, blogging does seem like more of a "female" activity, so I shouldn't be surprised.

There do seem to be an inordinate number of mothers blogging about their families on BE. Are you all housewives, as I sterotypically assume?

I wonder if anyone didn't answer that survey question, and therefore the numbers aren't good; I don't recall if it was a required question.

Hm, BE has less than a thousand members. I'm not sure what I was expecting.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, July 21, 2005, Blogger vaasu said…

    tht's true..blogging is a female activity.....

    but why..is it that because they are always deprived of expressing themselves freely...may be..

    nice blog..keep psoting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home