<meta content="blog">

A metablog about blogs and blogging.

13 June 2005

Reverberations

I bet the Blogosphere is ringing with the posts about Michael Jackson's acquittal.

Somehow I've avoided (though not intentionally) mentioning the trial until now. From the little I know, I was unconvinced either way of his guilt or innocence, but I didn't feel I'd heard enough to convict him "beyond reason of a doubt." The whole case was less of a hullabaloo for me than the OJ Simpson trial. Maybe I'm more jaded by the media now, or maybe it's my age.

I remember listening to the Simpson trial verdict on a small radio in my HS AP Physics class. I heard simultaneous cheers and boos down the hall from other classrooms. Each room seemed to have either one or the other, but not both. Only the 2000 Subway Series (baseball World Series, Yankees vs. Mets) prompted as much yelling in my near vicinity--I think it was game 1, but I know it was won in the 12th inning, and we could hear the yelling as a distant surf my parents house. The 7-second delay on network TV is what identified it as the game.

I would love to see some graph of Blogosphere growth vs. time, or some indication of how many people posted about those two other events.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Kiley said…

    Random comment (I just found your blog a few minutes ago on Blog Explosion), but you have a pretty fun site. :-) Just thought I'd let you know that it caught my attention; happy blogging to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home