<meta content="blog">

A metablog about blogs and blogging.

22 August 2005

Willful Ignorance

This person has a strange theory that everyone is born believing in God, and that if you "lose" that belief to become an atheist, that you are being willfully ignorant. As I commented in reply, "funny, that's how I feel about people who deny evolution."

The author makes the normal logical fallacy of depending on the Bible for his arguments--it is a perfectly valid argument to those who already believe, but it will not win any converts--however the discussion in the comments section is interesting.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said…

    An interesting counterpoint. You wrote it well, using a writer's frugality with words.

    Thanks.
    me-Liz

     
  • At 11:31 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger zandperl said…

    Heh, you should see some of my other replies to him. I am usually WAY too wordy, so I revel in your comment that (for once) I was frugal with words! :) *revel revel*

     
  • At 1:42 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was an entertaining post. I've stopped arguing about religion because its hard to argue with people who believe that religious books were faxed from heaven.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home